HomeAgendaMinutesCurrent EventsOrdinancesOther MeetingsFire DepartmentContact

Current Events
Fire Department
Contact Us


Community Building/Fire Station 1
4197 River Rd.
Rhinelander, WI 54501

Town Shop
4125 River Rd.
Rhinelander, WI 54501

Fire Station 2
4222 County C
Rhinelander, WI 54501



Frequently Asked Questions

Garbage Pickup
Advanced Disposal is contracted with the Town of Pine Lake for weekly pickup. 5 bag weekly limit plus recyclables. All recyclables may be put out every week for pickup. Garbage is picked up on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, depending where you live in Pine Lake. Contact Advanced Disposal at 715-369-1390 to find your schedule, start or end pickup, obtain a recycle bin, any questions or issues you may have.

Yard Waste, Leaves, Branches
The closed town dumps are opened twice a year for this purpose only. Two weekends about mid-spring and one weekend in late fall. These dates are published in both the River News and the North Star Journal. The hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The dumps are located on River Road past Country Fest Grounds and Oak Leaf Drive off County C. Pine Lake Residents Only.

Can I burn brush and leaves in Pine Lake?
Yes, but it is recommended that you compost leaves and haul brush to the dump sites. If you want to burn and the ground is not 100% covered by snow, then a permit will be required. They are available at the DNR Station or the Fire Wardens in the Town. The rules of the burning permit must be followed and if a fire does get out of control you may be responsible for the costs to extinguish the fire.

What do I do if I’m building a home in Pine Lake?
You will need to get permits from Oneida County Planning and Zoning. You will also need a Uniform Dwelling Code Building permit and have your home inspected as it is being built. The Rhinelander Fire Department/Building Inspector has contracted with the Town of Pine Lake for this service.

You will also need a driveway permit application and address application which you will find on this site under Forms. Return both forms with check to town clerk. Address will be assigned by the county and town crew will put up address sign – no additional fee is required.

Can I subdivide my land?
The Town of Pine Lake has a Land Division and Condominium Control Ordinance (see ordinances). The Plan Commission and Town Board must approve any land divisions. The Plan Commission meets the second Wednesday of the month and you must call the clerk to be included on the agenda the week prior to the meeting. Copies of all information must also be sent to clerk to be mailed to Plan Commission members.

Does the Town of Pine Lake have zoning?
The town follows the zoning of Oneida County. There are different zoning areas in Pine Lake. Check the Planning and Zoning Office at the courthouse.

Town Meetings
The Annual Town Meeting is held the third Tuesday of April, usually. The Budget Hearing and Special Town Meeting of Electors are held late November or early December. Watch newspaper and posting sites for notices.

Town Board Meetings and Committee Meetings
Town Board Meetings are scheduled for the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m., at the Community Building, Fire Department Meeting Room #1, 4197 River Road. Agendas are posted at least 24 hours prior to the meeting on this website and at the Community Building on River Road and the Fire Station on County C. There are several committees and those meetings are held as needed. Agendas are posted in the same manner.

Does the town offer snowplowing
for private driveways?

No, it does not.

Paying Property Taxes
The property taxes are paid to the town treasurer in December and January. The balance that is due at the end of July is paid to the county treasurer at the courthouse. Check your tax bill for dates and times of tax collection.

Mail Boxes and Snowplows
If your box is knocked over by a large amount of snow being pushed by the snowplow, the town is not responsible. If your box is clearly damaged by being hit by the snowplow the town crew will take care of it. Contact them at the shop - 715-362-2657.

Who do I contact if there are animal problems
or other violations?

The town constable.


Info about Elections
Frequently Asked Questions
Town Hall Rental
Downloadable Forms
Helpful Links